My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Head swimming

My head's swimming. Has been for a while now!

I'm tired, physically....but then going through random bursts of miraculous energy...

I'm overhwlemed - there are SO many people asking questions and randomly (ha! as if...) deciding to come to church or CU or cell or Christianity Explored...Praise the Lord...

Sherfield cell is going from strength to strength in terms of fellowship, of people growing in God, in thirst for Him and joy in Him...Praise the Lord...

I'm being encouraged and challenged so much by various people at the moment...Praise the Lord...

We have SUCH an amazing new crew of cell leaders...Praise the Lord...

We're soon to see the baton passed on and new exec take over - I chat to those guys and I'm blown away by their desire to serve and passion for Jesus...Praise the Lord...

I think back over the past year and how God has used the soon-to-be-old exec (sorry guys!), some of the people who were 'my' little freshers less than three years ago, and I'm bowled over by the privilege it's been to see them grow in Christ, to see the light of Jesus in their hearts shine so brightly, to see them take God's vision for the CU, grasp hold of it so tightly with both hands and run with it, in His strength and power...Praise the Lord...

I think of all my dear friends who graduated last year and what they're up to now, how God is using them in their new jobs/locations....how encouraging it is to hear from them and how God is working in their lives and the lives of those around them...Praise the Lord...

I think of how many people were at Christianity Explored tonight and how much God was working in that room...Praise the Lord...

I do not have to look far right now to be reminded of God's grace (not that we ever have to look far, to be fair); to be reminded of His power; to be reminded of His love...Praise the Lord...

And yet, I'm still falling into the temptation of doubting Him, of worrying about my degree and other stuff, of pride, of frustration, of not trusting Him enough, of not putting Him foremost enough...

I'm thirsty for more of my God. It's in times like these my soul aches to be filled with the joy that only He can give. And praise Him He gives in abundance...Hallelujah, what a saviour...

Oh to just rest in Him...what a gift...Praise the Lord!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed Goode said...

Good words Ceryn.
I'd rather be the 'old' exec than the 'even older' exec :-P

9:05 AM  
Blogger Welshie said...

where's the respect, eh?!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home