My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Friday, January 06, 2006

Words

Read this today and it reminded me of part of why I wanna be a speech and language therapist. (Yep, sometimes I 'forget', especially when I'm bogged down with work!) Speech and language are immense gifts from God. I'm so excited that I get to spend my life working to help people who have impaired abilities in one, or both. Thanks God!

WORDS
By Brian Patten, 1987.

I'm seven, and I'm dead bright,
But words give me a fright.
Words are bullies,
Sneaky things. They lie.
Sometimes trying to understand them
Makes me cry. Words hurt.
Words are all over the place.
They get shoved in my face.
I don't know why but
Words make me cry.

I wish words were things
You could hug
Or that they smelt nice.
I wish they came in bottles
Like fizzy-drinks, or melted
Like ice cream. But they don't.

Words are mean. They bully me,
Lock me away
From what I want to say.
I can't ask for help
And I'm only seven
(And a bit).
Words spread nasty gossip.
They must. Otherwise why
Would people think I'm thick.

Words.
They make me sick.
Inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home