My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On my knees...

So once more I've had a self-involved day.

I've been trying not to get stressed about work - or pretending that I'm not- but really deep down I have been, very stressed!

Mam rang me at lunch time to ask if I knew the Reading student who died in Thailand. I didn't, but it filled me with sadness as I heard mam explain to me what the news was saying.

I thought about it for a bit, I offered up a prayer, and to my shame went back to being self-involved in work. In me.

But there's a connection. Whether I knew this girl or not, she's a student at the same university as me. It's likely I've walked past her on campus, or seen her in my department, or even lectures. Just another face?

And it's likely I know people who knew her, who know her friend who was with her.

As the reality of that hits me, work isn't so important anymore.

What's important is being on my knees in prayer.

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still and know that I am God."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wake up call isn't it...
if we didn't know her surely we should have...

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home