My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Standing at the doorway...

Standing at the doorway
Of the opening year,
Words of comfort meet us,
Hushing every fear;
Spoken through the silence
By our Father's voice,
Tender, strong and faithful,
Making us rejoice.

CHORUS:
Onward then and fear not,
Children of the day!
For His Word shall never,
Never pass away.

I the Lord am with you,
Do not be afraid,
I will help and strengthen,
Do not be dismayed!
Yes, I will uphold you
With my own right hand,
You are called and chosen
In my sight to stand.

For the year before us,
O what rich supplies!
For the poor and needy
Living streams shall rise;
For the sad and sinful
Shall His grace abound;
For the faint and feeble
Perfect strangth be found.

He will never fail us,
He will not forsake;
His eternal covenant
He will never break.
Resting on His promise,
What have we to fear?
God is all-sufficient
For the coming year.

Frances Ridley Havergal, 1836-79

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home