My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Well well well...

It's a been a while! sorry for lack of posts, can't believe I've stayed away from blogger.com for so long! I've been busy! Mostly exciting stuff, more on that another time! But what I just read deserved a post...

So I'm entering the data for my dissertation into SPSS (No, I haven't entered it yet, yes, I'm way behind...hence the lack of posts!) and the book I borrowed from the library to help me with this process says...

"To use SPSS it is necessary to have access to it via a personal computer. A personal computer consists of a keyboard on which you type in your instructions, a mouse which provides an alternative way of moving about the screen and selecting instructions, and usually a video display unit (VDU) or television-like screen which displays information."

Oh dear. I wanted an idiot's guide, but come on! If I didn't know what all those things were why would I be using SPSS in the first place?!

That said, it has made the whole data-entering process slightly more amusing and the rest of the book looks promisingly helpful....

Back we go!

chuckle chuckle chuckle....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home