My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Sunday, April 16, 2006

It's resurrection day!

"You have risen!
And I believe in you.
You have risen!
Now everything is new.
You have risen!
The past is rolled away.
You have risen,
It's resurrection day!"
(Copyright G. Oakes)

So goes the chorus to one of dad's songs which we sang in church this morning, amongst others which just reminded me so much of how great our God is and the gift of new life we have. We also saw someone get baptised - what a day to get baptised! - which made my already cheesy grin even...er...bigger!

And as I sat there this morning I started to think about Relay next year and I got SO excited! I get to dedicate a whole year of my life to telling people about the gift of new life in Jesus! I get to spend a whole year of my life telling people that Christ is risen! Hallelujah, what an amazing privilege. How exciting! I really can't wait! Bring it on!

As I sat there I also got bouts of pain and thought I was gonna keel over at one point! (But I think that's coz it was really hot in there!) The pain's been pretty constant today but I have had a busy few days. (Not busy in the usual Ceryn sense, you understand, but busy in the ill Ceryn sense!) A friend came over to me at the end of the service to ask how I was and said "Well, you're still smiling!". To which I replied, totally meaning it, "Yeah, at the end of the day, what haven't I got to smile about? Christ is risen!"

Hallelujah, He is risen indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We did as well!! What a day to get baptised indeed; 70 years old (ish), became a christian @ Alpha 2 years ago. Serious wow stuff.

Love that song of your dad's as well :)

You need to get him to blog more ;)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home