My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Monday, July 24, 2006

Jack Bauer for President. And other thoughts.

I should be in bed and it's taking a lot of strength to muster some thoughts together but now I'm sat at the computer I'd better post something or it'll be at least another week before I do.

So last week I had Thursday and Friday off work because, basically, I just couldn't cope. Guess I'm not as well as I thought I was. Deep down I knew it but I never thought three days work would tire me out that much. And it's made me so tired even my motivation for blogging has been seriously lacking. Wow.

But praise God that I'm working for Christians and they're being supportive and helpful.

On Thursday, after three days of work, I just crashed. Had wanted to help mam and dad with the massive house/garden sort-out/redecorate that they're undertaking but, y'know, listen to your body and all that. So I watched I think the last 7 episodes of 24 Series 5. Yeah.

Friday - managed to potter around the house a bit and then went down to meet up with Tim in Cardiff. Good times. And then Hayley and James' wedding on Saturday. Driving through the thunderstorm was interesting. The look on Ben and Jonny's faces when I showed them my auntie's very nice car that I was driving was priceless. The wedding was beautiful. Kat's auntie and uncle (who we stayed with) were absolutely lovely. Her cousins were very cute. Driving through Kington Langley (where I spent many a summer day with family when little) was nostalgic. Lunch with family in Brecon on Sunday was nice. Playing with Analia in the park was exhausting but fun. And through it all, knowing God was with me (us) and that he loves me (us) and I am saved by grace and that living for Him is just the best way even in the hard times and tired times was keeping me going.

So now I'm back in work till Wednesday - I really can't manage a full week. Which is hard. And it's making me very scared about Relay and all I can think about is how much I'm not gonna be able to do that I want to do. But y'know, God is soveriegn. He loves me. That's enough.

"Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:23-26

I will lie down and sleep in peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

glad you're upto date with 24.

and then something about what happens in our weaknesses...

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ceryn

Just wanted to encourage you. You are not on your own and don't be scared about Relay, as Dave said there is something about what happens in our weakness. Relay is not about what you can do or achieve but what God does in and through you. And He will do it all. Nothing will thwart His good plans for you. And nothing can seperate you from Him.

Looking forward to meeting you at Relay 1.

Love from another one who has to listen to her body and stop from time to time - as I am this week. God willing I will be back at Relay HQ next week so feel free to email/call me if you want to.

Roz

2:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Ceryn - thanks for your honesty. Let God use you in your weakness - trust Him, He knows what He is doing and will provide you with His strength to Glorify Him.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Series 5 rules!

Tom

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home