My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Guidance....

Ahhh. I've been mulling summat over in my head the past few days about God's guidance and was gonna write it up but my thoughts are still not fully formed and coherent enough to torture you with. so I thought I'd show you these poems instead. Forgot I'd written them!

--------------------------
Day by Day

I wander on
Through pathways
My imagination finds.

They lead
To different places
In my future.

I stumble
And halt as
Each path becomes a crossroads.

I need a guide.
And You, O Lord, are waiting.

As I stop imagining
And give my thoughts to You,
Stumbling now is ceasing -
You show me what to do.

In complete surrender
I say “Your will be done”.
You take my hand and lead me –
Holy Spirit, Father, Son.

Teach me more to do this,
Lord, have your way in me.
As day by day I trust you
Day by day more signposts I’ll see.

22/10/05

-------------------

Don’t Always Understand

I don’t always understand You,
Don’t always see the way to go,
Sometimes I feel I’m standing still
I try, but do not know Your will.
Confusion’s in and around me,
Don’t have glasses strong enough to see
My future, and the path in front,
What's included, and what isn't.
But You are waiting, patient,
Away You never went,
Nor will go, You are with me.
And when I need, You let me see
The next bit of Your plan for me.

23/10/2005

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful stuff Ceryn, really from the heart. 2 Verses I particularly love:

'As I stop imagining
And give my thoughts to You,
Stumbling now is ceasing -
You show me what to do.'

-> So true that when we let God take the reins of our lives, our steps walk stronger.

'And when I need, You let me see
The next bit of Your plan for me.'

-> Good to be reminded that God knows when we need to know things, as his plan is for out good! (Jer29:11)

Keep 'em coming :) always a joy!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home