My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Joy

Joy is, I must admit, something I've struggled with recently. I've been struggling to remember that my joy isn't reliant on how I feel physically (although you'd think I'd have learnt that lesson by now).

A couple of weeks ago I read 'Finding Joy' by Marcus Honeysett. Read it! I don't know why I've left it so long to read that book.

And I'm grateful to the friends who have repeatedly, patiently, reminded me that my joy is not in something fleeting; it's not in a full diary; it's not dependant on my health or emotions or anything else about me. My joy is dependant on the Lord alone. And that means it is joy that results from a sure certain hope that I will one day be with Him in glory. Forever!

Reading Ed's post on joy just now reminded me of that again. Read it here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do flowers help your feeling of Joy at all?

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home