My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I like these words

OK, so a bit old fashioned in the language and I must admit I glossed over them at first (probably primarily for that reason) - but having read them a couple times more I really like them. I think coz they form a prayer I really need to pray right now (if not always). Anyway, enough of my rambling.


Spirit of God, descend upon my heart
Spirit of God, descend upon my heart;
Wean it from the earth, through all its pulses move;
Stoop to my weakness, mighty as thou art,
And make me love thee as I ought to love.

Hast thou not bid us love thee, God and King?
All, all thine own, souil, heart and strength and mind.
I see thy cross - there teach my heart to cling:
O let me seek thee, and O let me find.

Teach me to feel that thou art always nigh;
Teach me the struggles of the soul to bear,
To check the rising doubt, the rebel sigh;
Teach me the patience of unanswered prayer.

Teach me to love thee as thine angels love,
One holy passion filling all my frame;
The baptism of the heav'n descended Dove,
My heart an altar, and thy love the flame.
George Croly

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey c-bach, just writing a note coz you never replied to my text and then i couldn't find your email address so i came on your blog to find it AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON HERE!!! Anyway, hope you're ok, I'm going to italy tomorrow so it's a bit late to get in touch but hope you're ok, chat soon, take care,
Ros xxx p.s I like the words of that song too! p.p.s hope not too many people read this comment!!!!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home