My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I love my degree

"The published literature is consistent with the generalization that when the stimuli in both the sentence and the recall tasks are presented in an uninterrupted fashion - as when the digit load is presented prior to each sentence and must be recalled once the sentence has been understood - no interference is found, but when the presentation of the stimuli in one task is interrupted by the presentation of the stimulus relevant to the second - as when the sentence is interrupted by a series of words while it is being presented, or the presentation of the items to be recalled is staggered across the sentence task (as in sentence final word recall) - a digit load of sufficient size interferes with processing syntactically complex sentences more than with processing syntactically simple sentences."

1 Comments:

Blogger Welshie said...

well of course the english language is appalling in itself...I'm not just being biased here, ever read 'Mother Tongue' by Bill Bryson?!

and yes, I agree, that was an appalling sentence. Now times that by far too many pages. I wonder how some people get published, I really do.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home