My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Monday, March 20, 2006

Can't sleep...

I should be in bed, I know, but I really can't sleep.

I went to church this morning!!! It's been too long. I knew it was gonna be hard but I was longing to share in fellowship, I was longing to sit and be taught from God's word.

It WAS hard. The first half-hour was very painful and uncomfortable and I just wanted to go home, but I desperately wanted to be there too. Felt rubbish for just not wanting to be there and was praying God would help me focus - He did, the pain subsided! Still there but much more bearable and I think taking notes just helped me to ignore it too!

But I was completely and utterly exhausted by the time I got home. I wanted to keep myself awake for the rest of the day so that I'd get a good night's sleep tonight, what with placement tomorrow...

So I had a very pleasant visit from Jenny which brightened the afternoon and then I watched a DVD...then I stuck on one of John Piper's sermons but I just couldn't stay awake any longer (I know Bish and Ed will be shocked I managed to fall asleep during one of Piper's sermons!)

I was actually quite gutted, really wanted to listen to it. Woke up just at the end...it was 6pm by now! Decided resistance was futile and went back to sleep.

Woke at 8 and have been wide awake ever since! Pain's coming and going.

So, I think it's no placement for me tomorrow. Another setback. Thing is, I know tomorrow I'll probably feel fine, so I feel bad for not going and I really need to make up the sessions I've missed.

But hey, the guy who made the universe is looking after me. What have I got to worry about?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

don't tell ed and bish but i have fallen asleep on two seperate occaissions whilst listening to John Piper sermons! also always seem to wake up just as he's finishing and also feel gutted i missed out!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The spirit is willing, the flesh is weak... happens to us all.

Good thing about MP3's is that you can go back and catch the stuff you missed.

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home