My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Give me the song and I'll sing it like I mean it

“Christians don't lie, they just sing hymns”.

My minister quoted this last Sunday – I forget who said it I'm afraid. But it struck me.
How often do we just sing the words to the songs in church, and how often do we really sing them like we mean them. There's a danger I've certainly noticed in my own life – especially with songs I know well – to just sing them without really thinking about the words. Or to sing them without really meaning them. That's awful.

Some songs, if you really think about the words, are really hard to sing because if you mean the words, then they demand a change in you. But we need to sing them like we mean them. No, scrap that, not like we do, but really meaning them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home