My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A lesson

Ok, so I posted earlier today the words of a hymn which remind of the fact that however much I change - especially how much my emotions/feelings change - God does not. I talked about how I need to trust Jesus, and not me; how I need to have joy in the Truth that is His Name and His Word. And as I was writing that I was thinking to myself that I need to practice that more. I need to run to God more, first and foremost.

Five minutes later I got an email with the dates for my practical clinical exams. It made it all official and what did I do? Having just posted on the trust we have in Jesus you'd think I'd pray and give it all over to Him, wouldn't you?!

Nope.

I paced my room, I printed the email, I panicked, I paced my room again, paced my corridor, let Kat, Becky and Issy know exactly how scared I was, and then paced into town. (At least I'm better, eh - praise God for the ability to pace!)

What a shocking confirmation of how fickle I am!

And it was not until I was on my way into town I did what I hsould have done in the first place - I prayed! And then God reminded me - NOTHING can separate me from His love (Romans 8:38-39) - not even clinical exams!

What a glorious, wonderful confirmation of God's grace!

And so WHY am I scared? After berating myself a little for letting it get to me so much - especially just five minutes after talking about how much we can trust God in everything - I was again reminded of God's grace and spent the rest of the walk into town just praising His glorious, wonderful Name.

'My love is ofttimes low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same—
No change Jehovah knows.

I change, He changes not,
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting-place,
His truth, not mine, the tie.'

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

God's grace never fails to stop me dead in my tracks and remind me how he is sovereign & over all things - exams and family matters included. Like in cell this week (Joel 2b), God's just waiting for us to turn to him so he can heap peace & blesing on us.

Tis crazy we don't turn sooner than we do! Praise God he's always patiently waiting :)

love that song btw, one of your dad's?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Welshie said...

yeah, God is good

song by Horatius Bonar!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, at least I was close

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home