My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hot off the press

I was so tired tonight that I was in bed by 9.30 and asleep by 10! Impressive! Until I woke at 12.45! And my brain, as it has a habit of doing late and night when my body's trying to sleep, started whirring. Eventually (oh, when will I ever learn...'eventually' should be 'straight away'!) I started praying. And the words started forming a poem in my head. I had a bit of a conversation/argument with myself about whether I should get up and write them down or wait till the morning coz getting up would certainly not help me get back to sleep... After going over and over the words in my head and slightly re-writing it about 4 or 5 times I eventually (there's that word again) said "OK God, you win" and got up. Here's the result...

Restless Night

Tossing and turning,
Thoughts now returning;
Fear and shame
Guilt and lies
Grab me, hold me,
Taunt me
Haunt me;
Diverting my eyes
From the Truth
In Your Name.

I'm captive, I'm struggling,
Held now and sighing;
Lost and alone
Tears and pain
Twisting, turning,
Longing
Yearning;
You unlock my chains
And Your grace
Says 'Now come'.

I'm ransomed, I'm healed
This prisoner is free;
Search my heart
Try my thoughts
Bid me now rise,
Blind eyes
To lies;
With Your blood I'm bought
And Your cross
Leads me Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home