My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Thoughts Fixated

Follpwing on from all that was going round in my head as a result of God speaking to me through Hebrews 3 (see previous post), I wrote this...

My thanks to Tim for the penultimate verse, and for sharing an idea which partly inspired the poem in the first place!

Thoughts Fixated

A rising sun, vivid,
In a clear blue spring sky.
A scene so crisp, so beautiful,
It takes my breath away.

Trails across that sun
Criss-crossing form a net
Of glorious colours, textures,
On which my eyes are set.

North, South, West and East,
The trails divert my gaze
From the beauty of the rising sun
Hidden behind this maze.

The rising Son, so glorious,
Defeats death on that day;
Puts me at peace with God-
THAT takes my breath away.

Trails across the Son
Criss-crossing form a net
Of ‘wonderful’ temptation
On which my eyes are set.

Sin, lies, the devil’s schemes
These trails divert my gaze
From the real beauty, Jesus Christ,
And walking in His ways.

No more these trails deceive me
Or cause my eyes to stray.
My thoughts are fixed on Jesus Christ,
The author of my faith.

God, give me strength to do this,
By your grace and power,
Captivate my every thought
Every single hour.

30/1/2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home