My Profile | Reload Blog | My 365

Monday, August 07, 2006

Bring on the 9-5

So today I finished work early. Which woulda been cool if it hadn't been coz I felt rough. At first I thought I'd caught the horrible bug thing my bro had over the weekend but I don't think it's that. Think I'm just exhausted through just not being able to sleep for past couple days (nights) and getting bouts of pain again ain't helping. But hey, no more work for me for the next three weeks before Relay 1. It's rest and study time. Woohoo!

I don't really know what this post is meant to be about.

Oh, something I was gonna blog on the other day -

One of the things I've been doing in work (just to clarify, at a Christian organisation) is data entry (yawn). I've done it loads before - mainly involves putting people's names and addresses on the database. But the other day it suddenly got all exciting. Or rather, I got excited coz I was putting in people's jobs. I'd been going for about 3 hours, typing in loads of different jobs, some of which I'd never heard of and then suddenly, wham, got all excited by this thought:
"These are all Christians! Wow! So that means, look at all these people who are out in the workplace (hopefully) living for Jesus and speaking for Jesus" (How UCCF-ified am I?!)

And then I just felt totally compelled to pray for everyone whose name and job I was entering onto the database. Probably shoulda been doing that anyway, then the previous three hours wouldn't have been so dull. But just HOW exciting is it?! And it got me really excited about working. Probably the wrong time to get excited about it when I'm just about to start Relay. And I'm SO looking forward to starting Relay. I wanna start tomorrow. (Except not, coz I've not done everything Roz told me to yet! hehe) But I do, I just wanna get to Portsmouth and get stuck in.

But at the same time I'm SO excited about working next year. And I'm well excited that I get to spend a year on Relay first, learning even more about God and letting Him prepare me for whatever job I'm gonna get, wherever it's gonna be, with whoever it's gonna be with. And being a Christian in the workplace. Woohoo.

Oh, and playing loadsa fun games with kids and stuff...can you say a 's' for me?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home